We Are A State Of Love: A Gathering of Visible Solidarity With LGBTQ Youth
Thank you to all who joined us and what a celebration of trans youth, trans lives, trans advocacy! Learn more at: “Massachusetts Showed Up On Transgender Day of Visibility”
In the face of state-sponsored discrimination against LGBTQ and especially transgender and non-binary youth in states across the nation from Arkansas to Florida to Texas, the Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ Youth responds with state-sponsored love and affirmation.
On International Transgender Day of Visibility, join us as we stand united as a community on the steps of the State House to declare that LGBTQ people will not be erased. The Commission calls upon all Massachusetts officials and entities to stand in solidarity with transgender youth and their parents, caregivers, and providers, and to commit to taking significant, measurable, and meaningful actions to dismantle discrimination and inequity based on gender identity and sexual orientation.
To all LGBTQ youth in Massachusetts, we say, ‘We see you! We love you! You belong here and everywhere’. In this moment, we must declare, ‘Not here, not on our watch, not ever!’ and take concerted action against misinformation to ensure that we do not lose ground and that we continue to make progress toward a state where all youth can thrive.
- Senator Karen Spilka, Senate President (2nd Middlesex and Norfolk district)
- Representative Kate Hogan, House Speaker Pro Tempore (3rd Middlesex)
- Representative Jack Patrick Lewis (7th Middlesex)
- Senator Julian Cyr (Cape and Islands)
- Craig C Martin, MA Commission on LGBTQ Youth Co-Chair and Executive Director of Bridge Boston Charter School)
- Alia Cusolito, Massachusetts GSA Leadership Council and high school student
- Grace Sterling Stowell, Executive Director, BAGLY and MA Commission on LGBTQ Youth Executive Committee
Check this page for the latest updates (last updated 3/31)
To learn more about the MA LGBTQ Youth Commission:
For year-round resources, support, and information from GBPFLAG