This is by no means an exhaustive list. We have focused our resources on a wide range of topics and providing information for you to explore, other organizations to call, and resources to read.
Please feel free to look and see what feels more relevant. We are focusing on Greater Boston Area resources, however we do include some national resources and websites. If you feel something is missing please email us at email@example.com.
We find new resources all the time and are in the process of updating our resource directory, so if you cannot find what you are looking for, you can contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may be able to help direct you towards additional resources. You can also try joining one of our 15+ support groups, where resources and experiences are shared!
Parent/Caregiver/Family/Chosen Family Resources
Complete Lists for LGBTQ Resources
- MA Young Adult Guide (2016) – State Resources
- GLAD Resource List (2014) – Massachusetts and some national resources
- Somerville LGBTQ Resource Guide (2013) – State and national resources
- Greater Boston PFLAG Quick Reference Guide – State resources we refer to most often
- Pride Festival Calendar – Resources for Pride Events held all over the United States
- https://www.qchatspace.org – Q Chat Space provides online discussion groups for LGBTQ+ teens ages 13 to 19. It is a collaboration between PFLAG National and other organizations
- interACT Youth
- Intersex Campaign for Equality
- AIS and DSD Support
- Parent and Family Support
- Parent and Family Support (Cont.)
- OII Information for Parents
- List of helpful intersex links
Schools and GSAs
Don’t forget that we do trainings for parents, students, and school staff to create safer and welcoming school enviorments for LGBTQ+ youth!
- Massachusetts Guidance on Supporting Transgender Students in Schools
- GLSEN GSA Resources
- GSA Network Resources
- SafeZone Training
- Schools In Transition: A Guide for Supporting Transgender Students in K-12 Schools (HRC)
- National Independent School Association – Supporting Transgender Students
Inclusive Curricula support can be found via HRC Welcoming Schools, GLSEN and the MA Safe Schools program
Trans Health Insurance Support
Directories – LGBTQ+
OutCare Health – USA directory filterable by location, provider specialty, and other factors. also provides training, resources and research to providers.
LGBTQIA+ Health: Provider Directories from Harvard Countway Library
Directories – Gender Affirming Care & Trans-Friendly Providers
Transhealth Northampton Gender Affirming Resource Directory – filterable by audience, media type, and topic.
GALAP – The GALAP is a grassroots, volunteer project that aims to increase access to free letters for gender-affirming medical care.
TransHealthCare – database of gender affirming surgeons.
TransWin – global and highly filterable database by and for trans folx, a database of any person, business, or group that provides services that foster a person’s the ability to live authentically.
Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy Referral List – Eastern MA – from Planned Parenthood in 2020
Trans in the South: A Directory of Trans-Affirming Health & Legal Service Providers, is a directory of more than 400 Southern health service providers who are trans-affirming.
- LGBTQ+ Health Information
- BMC Center For Transgender Medicine And Surgery
- Sydney Borum
- Boston Childrens GeMS
- Transhealth Norhampton
- Jim Collins Foundation
Mental Healthcare Resources
- Boston-area Therapy Resources and Referral Sources Guide – list of MA therapists w/openings which is updated monthly, created by Aida Manduley (they/elle)
- Boston-area Friendly Therapy Resources – For the Queer, Trans, Polyamorous, Kink, & Sex Worker Communities
- OUT MetroWest – collaborates with Wayside Youth clinicians
- BAGLY – free virtual behavioral health services for LGBTQ+ youth under 25
- Boston GLASS -Community-Based Behavioral Health Program for LGBTQ+ families on MassHealth and free outpatient therapy for LGBTQ+ BIPOC youth ages 13-25 Email Davine: email@example.com
- Gender Specialist
Helplines, Talklines & Suicide Prevention
- Youth Talkline – LGBTQ Youth – 25 & Under, also Parents
- Trans Lifeline
- Trevor Project Youth – phone, text, & online chat
- Fenway Peer Listening Lines
- Other Helplines from PFLAG National
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Groups, Coaltions and Foundations for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
Native American Resources
Ability and LGBTQ Identities
Homeless/Housing Instability Resources
- Y2Y Shelter in cambridge
- Boston Healthcare for the Homeless
- Glass Assisted Living
- Glass Housing Options Program
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- New Pathways Emergency Center of Teens at Brookline Community Mental Health Center
- Youth on Fire (Cambridge)
- Bristol Lodge Shelters
- Harvard Square Homeless Shelter/University Lutheran Shelter
Phone: 617.547.2841, Toll Free: 888.285.4038
- Heading Home inc
- Pine Street Inn
- Rosie’s Place
- Shortstop Transitional Housing
Food/Meal Support Resources
- Food pantries and free meal programs
- FoodSource hotline: 1-800-645-8333